[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #105

Subject: Re: [IP]Is Diabetes a Disability?

If you are diabetic, a accredited scuba diving company will not allow you to
dive, you can't be a bus driver, a policeman, fireman, etc.  People argue
that it is a disability -- yes, we can do what anyone else can do, but there
is always that chance that are bg's could go to low and personally I wouldn't
want a bus driver having an accident with my daughter on board, or a police
going into low bg's as my house burns down, etc.  I do think diabetes is a
disability in certain areas of hobbies and professions.  For the most part,
it is not a problem -- but, it is always better to be safe than sorry.