Re: [Re: [IP] Causes of Type 1 (stress?)]

Since stress can be either mental or physical (like an illness) you never
know what's going to trigger diabetes. So does this mean that if I had
lived a totally stress-free life, I'd never have come down with it?? Just
kidding... life (by definition) is stressful and to exist without any
stress at all, you'd have to almost be in a coma. Oh well...

ear, nose, and throat infections. I also was under tremendous emotional
stress.I always thought my D.M. was due to the emotional part since there was
no one else in my family who had D.M., and my greatgrandparents were still
alive at this time.Also at this time, illness was not thought to be connected
or at least like it is now.Then when my oldest son developed D.M., he was also
under tremendous emotional stress at the time.I kind of came to the conclusion
that we probably would eventually would have gotten this disease , but the
stress  more than likely triggered it at this particular time.
Denise
Dxd 1971
pmpg '97