Re: [IP] protein in urine after exercise

    From my knowledge of this topic based on my daughter's experience, the 24
hr urine is the "gold standard" for testing. 30-300 mgs of protein reflects
microalbuminuria, which MAY be a precursor to proteinuria. Given the now
proven efficacy of ACE inhibitors in halting or even reversing the strain on
the kidneys due to excessive protein output, I'd suggest you consult with
your endo or even a nephrologist to see if early intervention is warranted.
There is a segment of the population whose kidneys are perfectly fine, but
who simply "shed" protein when upright (orthostatic proteinuria - especially
if they're very active as in sports)

Regards,Renee (pump-mom to Melissa)