[IP] Lowering basals

I posted a note about a crimped site, and low sugars for Erica.  Then I
happened to read  a few postings about having to adjust basals after the
body gets accustomed to continuous infusion.  Maybe this is the
case....maybe the site, although crimped still worked fine, but her
basals will have to be decreased.  Today should tell a story it should
be interesting..

So, my question.....Have a lot of people had to decrease basals after
being on the pump for a period of time?  We are going away this weekend,
and I don't want the poor child to have a multitude of lows.  Any
suggestions on what to do??