Fwd: [IP] Diabetes a easy disease?

In a message dated 4/28/99 9:44:55 PM EST, email @ redacted writes:

<< Well, from a mothers prospective...

 It is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. When Kevin goes to
 school each day (even though it is very supportive and attentive to his
 needs) I worry. I expect the numerous daily calls for his 36 bg or 250
 bg...or just feeling bad.  My "baby" hasnt missed a day of school for 3
years
 straight...until .....he was dx in Dec.  My heart and sole aches for him
 every day. I dream about him, there is a sinking feeling in my stomach every
 morning when I wake up to face it again.

 Easy? How do you tell an 11 year old when he would rather play Nintendo that
 it is time to check his blood, take his shot, and pee on a stick...

 Easy? When I have to deny him sleeping over a friends house, and here him
say
 "I'm sorry, I can't until I get my diabetes under control."

 I try not to awful-ize this to Kevin, but I feel like it was ME that got
 diabetes that night that he almost died....but I doubt it would crush me
this
 much if it WAS me!

 We have not reached a normal day but maybe once a week if we are lucky.
 Hopefully going on the pump next week will change my outlook. But for now, I
 say  EASY....I dont think so.

 Sorry, it has been a hard few days of blood sugars, (30's to 300's in one
 day) and bloody noses, and child who wonders "why me?"

 Robin >>

Robin,
This is the first reply I have heard to this that I agree with. When it is
your child ,everything changes. My kids have missed out on a lot because of
diabetes. My 14 year old daughter never slept over anyones house til this
year because she had hypoglycemic seizures at night. Both of my kids get very
upset when their friends talk about long weekends at their grandparents. My
family is afraid of my kids diabetes. I have educated and explained and tried
to simplify this til I'm blue in the face!!! These people are ignorant idiots
who don't seem to understand what this does to a kid.         Doreen-mom of 2
pumpers
(who has also been having some really shitty days lately!!!!!)

-- BEGIN included message