Re: [IP] homeschooling

> My daughter doesn't have diabetes but she is severely allergic to
> many things and gets immunotherapy and needs to carry an epipen Jr.
> She started kindergarten last yr.  They informed us only a school
> nurse could give the intramuscular injection and the nurse was only
> there 3 days a week for 3 hours.  The three hours were in the
> morning and my daughter was in afternoon kindergarten.

There was a recent case that reached the high courts where the school
district was required to have a full time nurse present for a severly
disabled person that was mentally fine and going to public school.
Your public school is "required" to provide the necessary
accomodation for your daughter. You may have to start a legal war to
gain the accomodation you need, but you will win. I don't think this
forum has the info you need for this battle, but I know it is out
there. The case in question was decided within the last 3 -4 months
as I recall and their are agencies that will assist/provide the legal
counsel.

Michael