[IP] Diabetes a easy disease?

Well, from a mothers prospective...

It is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. When Kevin goes to
school each day (even though it is very supportive and attentive to his
needs) I worry. I expect the numerous daily calls for his 36 bg or 250
bg...or just feeling bad.  My "baby" hasnt missed a day of school for 3 years
straight...until .....he was dx in Dec.  My heart and sole aches for him
every day. I dream about him, there is a sinking feeling in my stomach every
morning when I wake up to face it again.

Easy? How do you tell an 11 year old when he would rather play Nintendo that
it is time to check his blood, take his shot, and pee on a stick...

Easy? When I have to deny him sleeping over a friends house, and here him say
"I'm sorry, I can't until I get my diabetes under control."

I try not to awful-ize this to Kevin, but I feel like it was ME that got
diabetes that night that he almost died....but I doubt it would crush me this
much if it WAS me!

We have not reached a normal day but maybe once a week if we are lucky.
Hopefully going on the pump next week will change my outlook. But for now, I
say  EASY....I dont think so.

Sorry, it has been a hard few days of blood sugars, (30's to 300's in one
day) and bloody noses, and child who wonders "why me?"