Re: [IP] Causes of Type 1 (stress?)

Bob (a different Bob) wrote:

>As evidenced from the responses to this question, most Type I's diagnoses
>followed a virus or physical illness.   My diagnosis at 27 did not.  However,
>just before the onset of my diabetes, I had an extremely stressful period in
>my life with emotional upset.   Has anyone else who can't pinpoint a virus or
>illness that triggered their diabetes ever wondered if stress or emotional
>state perhaps had anything to do with its onset?

I was diagnosed shortly after being in the hospital for a hernia operation
when I was 5 years old. I was admitted to the children's ward in a Catholic
hospital. It was extremely stressful.

Many of the nurses were nuns. For a long time, I thought my diabetes was
caused by nuns <vbg>

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted