Re: [Re: [IP] Neuropathy]

In a message dated 4/27/99 11:44:13 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<<no longer feel your
low blood sugar reactions and don't have signs such as sweating, shaking etc.
 I didn't know but there supposedly several different kinds of neuropathy.
Many have different degrees of feeling loss.  My neuropathy is severe because
I totally can unrecognized a reaction till I am passed out and seizing.  >>

Dear Kathleen,
 I have learned that you can regain the ability to recognize the symptoms of
hypoglycemia by avoiding having them. I know this sounds silly, but it has
worked for me since being on the pump for almost 2 yrs now. Before the pump,I
was twice hospitalized for hypo's and on several other occasions found myself
unable to treat myself without assistance. I'm not sure whether you are on the
pump now or not, or for how long, but it does eventually improve.And yes there
are too many kinds of neuropathies! I myself have at least 7 different forms!!
But they also seem to be less severe since I started on the pump.
Denise
dxd 1971
pmpg '97