[IP] Neuropathy

e is expecting too much, too soon. Most of my patients take several weeks to
get close to perfect. No one is perfect and perfection should not be
sought...then you will always feel like a failure. He needs to relax and be
patient. Our endo doesn't expect his patients to be in tight control right at
the start. How much of your previous day's longer acting insulin was still
active in your system? There is documented research that indicated injected
insulin absorption can vary widely from day to day. So, that means that some
of your long acting will be active when you expect it to be, and some will be
active when you least expect it. I was going to apologize for getting up on
my high horse, but I won't. I hate this attitude!

You know that was a concern that I had Barbara.  I stopped taking my evening
UL on Friday night, my morning UL on Saturday morning and my NPH on Sat
Midnight.  I know that on Monday I still had UL in my system.  Yesterday I
ran between 68 and 107 all day.  I just couldn't take it.  Had severe
headaches and a throbbing that was awful.  My whole body felt like a lead
weight that I could barely move.  At 3:30 we lowered the basals by .2 and now
I have blood sugars in the 135 to 280 range.  ISN'T THERE A HAPPY MEDIUM?
Sorry really frustrated.  I couldn't handle 70-100 all day.  I know that is
normal and the goal but I couldn't function.  DR has now agreed we need to do
it more gradually and keep me at 120-180 for a couple of weeks and then drop
it again.  Now I have to get into that range.  I don't like 280 either.