Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes

In a message dated 4/27/99 9:13:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< But seriously, can diabetes be
 stimulated by Chicken Pox? >>

		One person's trigger may or may not be the same as someone
else.  Each person, as you know needs a trigger to set the attack on the beta
cells in motion.  I know several kids who developed type 1 after chicken pox
and many others who had chicken pox without any problems following like
yourself.  All of my kids had chicken pox at the same time, why didn't they
all get the diabetes at the same time then?  Our endo has explained that each
persons trigger is different, and what does it for one may not do it for
another.  ANY viral illness or trauma (as in the case of my other son's
surgery) can set the attack in motion and it just so happened that I know
these were the triggers for my kids.  Blood work done just before or during
the illness was fine and 2-3 months after is when the diabetes showed up.