Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes

> that, and no family history.  I always figured it was that curse my older
> brother put on me when I was three. :-)  But seriously, can diabetes be
> stimulated by Chicken Pox?
Basically the process that attacks the pancreas happens relatively
slowly. When something like a cold, flu, chicken pox, whatever comes
along, additional demands are put on your body for energy etc.... The
poor old beta cells that are left just can't keep up and you go over a
cliff - so to speak. There is another theory that there is a viral
trigger for the process that attacks the beta cells. From your
description, that probably wasn't what happened.