[IP] Help with Basal rate please!!!!I can't get it right!

Hello all my name is Richard Spector,

I have been a diabetic for 15 years and have been pumping since February
4, 1999.  I test my blood sugar at least 10 times a day and I still
can't seem to keep my blood sugars stable.

I am a college graduate student and I work full time as well.  I live a
hectic life but nothing I can't manage.

My basal profile is as follow:
12:00 am - 4:00am  .9
4:00 am - 9:00am 1.0
9:00 am - 12:30pm 1.1
12:30pm - 4:00pm .08
4:00p - 12:00am .09
I am on a 1unit to 10grams of carbo count
and a 1 unit to 30point for lowering my blood sugar.
I am using Humalog insulin and I have no signs of Gastro stomach nerve

I am 5 ft 8inches and I weight about 170.  A little over weight but I am
on they way down.  I am 28 years old.

I am somewhat active with my work and school and I am a advid golfer.

My problem is in the early morning I tend to have a steady increae in
blood sugar without eating a thing.  I can wakeup at say around 6:30am
and my sugar will be 95 and then it will steadly increase and by 11:30am
it could be 180.  So I almost always have to give myself a high sugar
bolus to combat the raise in blood sugar.  It can range from a .5 to 1.0
bolus. It never comes back down on its own.  This isn't always the
case.  Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't.  I have
evaluated the level of stress during this time and in is the same during
each day but again sometimes my sugar will only raise 25-40 points and
sometimes it will raise 80-100 points.  I usuall will not eat a single
thing until after 12:00pm.  I don't feel hungry until early lunch.

I try to increase the basal rate from 9-12:30 and sometimes it works and
sometime it drops me to low or I have a low blood sugar in the mid
afternoon for no reason even if I haven't ate all day.

Am I taking to much insulin for my height and weight.  I am very
frustrated with this process.  I am very good about taking my blood
sugar.  In fact maybe to good.  I will feel my sugar starting to
increase and I will try to bolus to correct the increase and then I wil
take my sugar once every half hour to see if it has come down.  I am
sure this ads to my stress level.  But I want to make sure that the
insulin is working.

My afternoon sugars and evening sugars seem to be okay.  Sometimes I
will eat something before bed and I will check my sugar and it will be
125 and in the morning it will have increased to around 150.  Not always
a problem I assume I miss counted on the carbos.

Please help and if any more information would help I will be happy to
provide it for you.

Please reply to the group or this email account thank you very much.

Richard :)

Richard D. Spector