Re: [IP] Neuropathy

In a message dated 4/27/99 11:44:13 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<<no longer feel your
low blood sugar reactions and don't have signs such as sweating, shaking etc.
 I didn't know but there supposedly several different kinds of neuropathy.
Many have different degrees of feeling loss.  My neuropathy is severe because
I totally can unrecognized a reaction till I am passed out and seizing.  >>

Dear Kathleen,

 Even when you don't have the traditional symptoms of hypoglycemia, you can
train yourself to be aware of the neurological symptoms before the point of
passing out and seizures.  With me, inability to concentrate, blind spots in
my right eye (only noticed if I am reading), and extreme lethargy are clues
to do a blood test -- also my husband sometimes notices what he thinks is
unreasonableness, which almost always makes me very angry but I have learned
by experience to test then too.  As you can imagine, this sometimes involves
a whole lot of tests.

And with these many tests, I sometimes can go for days with just about
perfect readings, but other times (like this week) my blood sugar patterns
seem to have been affected by overnurturing extraterrestrials who randomly
have added their blood sugar lowering elixir.  I may or may not ever figure
it out (the dental work this morning may help, and then there's always that
old perimenopausal possibility, or maybe some exciting, new reason for odd
blood sugars).  I have stopped expecting perfection.  The pump makes it so
much easier and quicker to get back to normal.

Linda Zottoli
dx1955 at age 8, pumping 6 mos.