Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes

In a message dated 04/27/1999 8:52:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I guess I was a little "touchy" yesterday
 talking about all that stuff.  99% of the time I'm perfectly accepting of
 we're dealing with, but occasionally I get that "off" day where I HATE that
 this is happening and ANYTHING can set my trigger off, I guess yesterday was
 that day.  Thanks, and I think I was a little too quick to blow off some
 steam.....sorry too!! >>

We all have days like that.  I think it was yesterday for me as well.

There is so much anger involved in dealing with diabetes yet there is no one
thing to aim it towards so it comes out in all sorts of manners.  I think
anyone who is involved with fully understands.  A therapist once told me
chronic illnesses (and their complications) should be grieved in the same
manner as death.  I thought this made a lot of sense.

Plus, this darned media is so difficult to convey things... you can say
things in a humorous tone yet it comes across so negative if the reader
doesn't see your smile or hear your tone of voice.  I've been plagued by this
tons of times, even if I use :).