Re: [IP] Vacation ?

I used to work at an Eckerds pharmacy- spent lots of time calling docc for
new prescriptions because the insurance company said "no, it's too soon..."
My suggestion/what I do when I go on a trip- figure out how much you would
normally need for that time period and double it, then ask the doc for a
prescription for that amount.  If need be you can change the prescription
back to the previous amount when you return, but one of my endos always
wrote prescriptions in double the amount just for precautionary reasons
because when I was away at school I once ran out of insulin and couldn't get
more without a trip to the ER (it was a Sunday night...long story).  It is
much much better to be safe and have too much than to be without (especially
far from home).