Re: [IP] Vacation ?

In a message dated 4/26/99 4:44:54 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< Also How many supplies do most people take with them?  I tried to get an
 bottle of humalog to take with me but the insurance company told the pharmacy
 NO!  Any advice? >>

I always take 150% of my normal supplies with me.

Call the insurance company and tell them that you are traveling.  They should
either give you instructions on how to obtain insulin at your destination or
allow you to get more form your pharmacy.

My pharmacy has a computer hook up with the insurance company and I
frequently hear "it is too soon to buy more strips (or insulin)".  I just
have the pharmacist call my doctor and have the "prescribed" amount changed.
I am now getting 350 strips and 3 bottles of insulin at one time for one
co-pay.  Good luck.