[IP] Insulin in CAPD bags (was childrens Hospital (Cinti. Ohio))

     >There are people who cannot benefit from the pump but not many.
     >People on CAPD dialysis and those who will not test their blood sugar
     >that I know of.
     Although they're anecdotal cases, I do know of two peritoneal dialysis
     patients that wanted to keep their pumps even after going on CAPD.  My
     guess is that pump administration provides a little bit more
     predictable response than administering insulin to the PD bag, and the
     pump would allow total schedule flexibility.  I DO think PD is a very
     flexible therapy -- I just know of a couple people who wanted to keep
     their pump.