Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes

My mother was told when I was diagnosed (at age 4) that it was a result
of
her being on birth control pills while pregnant with me.  The point was
that
for the first two months of her pregnancy my mother did not know she was
pregnant
and thus kept taking them.  This really crushed her at the time.  Point
was that
at the time I was diagnosed, we had no family history.  8 years later my
dad
was diagnosed with type 1 at age 44.  And that same year we learned that
his
mother had been adopted. (Thus the family history angle kicking in).  My
mom
has now realized that the doctor really didn't know what he was talking
about
at the time.  She believes that if that really had been the factor, I
would
have been diagnosed much much younger in age.

--
Thanks.  Sherry Webb Nolan