Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes

My mother was told when I was diagnosed (at age 4) that it was a result
her being on birth control pills while pregnant with me.  The point was
for the first two months of her pregnancy my mother did not know she was
and thus kept taking them.  This really crushed her at the time.  Point
was that
at the time I was diagnosed, we had no family history.  8 years later my
was diagnosed with type 1 at age 44.  And that same year we learned that
mother had been adopted. (Thus the family history angle kicking in).  My
has now realized that the doctor really didn't know what he was talking
at the time.  She believes that if that really had been the factor, I
have been diagnosed much much younger in age.

Thanks.  Sherry Webb Nolan