Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes

In a message dated 4/25/99 2:09:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  it's
 more likely to occur in those who were SMALL babies -- i.e. low weight
 for gestational age (not preemies). But this low weight is NOT the
 result of gestational diabetes -- babies of mothers with gestational DM
 are large, like over 9 lb.   >>

You know, I've heard this too, however, I have 3 boys with type 1, never had
gestational D (but now have type 2) and two out of the three were preemies
(8weeks early & 7weeks early) (1 was normal 7lbs)...Although I've been told
differently by the endo, I've often wondered if being preemie had anything to
do with their developing the big D.   :-(
Not that it really matters now, but I have wondered.