[IP] Gestational Diabetes

Now here's one for you.....

My brother went to see his new doctor on Friday.  This doctor says the reason
that my brother is diabetic is because our mother had gestational
diabetes...This man has never met my mother, and (she's never had gestational
diabetes.)   The doctor says he know's this to be true because
 1)   my brother was "Such a big baby"...(He only weighed 7 lbs at birth)...
 2)   3 out of 4 children are diabetic  ( I guess the fact that 3
grandparents, 1 parent
       our father, and 3 uncles are also diabetic doesn't have anything to do
with it)

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing????