[IP] Insulin Pumps and Magnets

For some reason only part of my  message reached insulin-pumpers this morning
(after it being returned to me three times.  Here is the complete message.
Hope it makes it this time.

Thanks, Donna
I will check the issue with Minimed.  I Know so little about magnetic fields
I couldn't  read an article on them and trust my comprehension.  A
radiologist told me that a pump had been ruined in his office during an MRI
and they now insist that  pumps be removed for that procedure.  Of course in
the Minimed booklet there is a warning re MRI 's and pumps anyways so I
usually bring my manual with me when I go to other radiology facilities where
the technicians have never heard of pumps.   I now disconnect for a procedure
if there is the slightest doubt that it is not safe for my pump.

Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years