Re: [IP] Humalog & Weight Gain

email @ redacted wrote:
> I feel left in the dark what is vesulin how dose it work peak time/duration.

Velosulin is a specially buffered insulin made for early pumps. It's a
product and a bit harder to find than Lilly Regular (R), in the USA anyhow. It's
a direct
equivalent of R for activity curves, but some people find it useful if they have
allergy problem with Lilly insulins (usually because of the rest of the

I got a bottle of it when I started using my first pump in '93. Then I pulled
out my trusty
bottle of R that was deserted in the fridge, and found no effective difference
for me and
my pump. So I've used R ever since, at least till they came out with Humalog.

Ted Quick