Re: [IP] "Rapids" absorption emotional child

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 email @ redacted wrote:

> To further elaborate, we had a rough night last night.  It was after 10pm
> when we realized the site was our problem and I know Laura was tired and
> emotional.  She began saying she hated diabetes and wished she were dead
> rather than get stuck all the time.  I have never heard her say things like
> this and I admit it scared me.  I stayed with her and rubbed her head until
> she drifted off to sleep and this morning she seemed to be back to her
> happy-cheery self.  I assume this is normal for a child to feel this way at
> times!???!!?
>
> Sherri

Hi Sherri,

When I read this I had a total flashback to when I was younger and I would
get really angry (I still do! =) ) at having diabetes ... It's definitely
normal -thinking about it now makes me feel sorry for what my mom had to
go through.  Sounds like you are doing the best you can.  Keep it up.

-Laura (probably more of a flashback since we have the same name!)