[IP] "Rapids" absorption / emotional child

Hi all --

Last night we tried using one of the Rapids on our daughter for the first
time.  It went in easily and she seems to like using it in her hip better
than the Tenders.  However, she went low on us several times throughout the
night.  Is there a better absorption rate from the Rapids vs tenders?  Also,
is the site duration similar to what we get out of a Tender?

To further elaborate, we had a rough night last night.  It was after 10pm
when we realized the site was our problem and I know Laura was tired and
emotional.  She began saying she hated diabetes and wished she were dead
rather than get stuck all the time.  I have never heard her say things like
this and I admit it scared me.  I stayed with her and rubbed her head until
she drifted off to sleep and this morning she seemed to be back to her
happy-cheery self.  I assume this is normal for a child to feel this way at

Just pondering and wondering today...........