Re: [IP] shocking ignorance of some diabetes doctors

I know what you mean!!!

One of my teachers for Medical Assisting is also a diabetic.  She was
recently hospitalized with blood glucose readings so high the meters could'nt
record them.  She also "thought" that the pump was a permanent fixture that
would be implanted in her..She didn't realize that the sites are changed
every 2-3 days.   After I talked with her to let her know what the pump
involved, and showed her my current readings she has decided to talk with her
doctor about getting the pump for herself...