Re: [IP] Doing insulin doses in the hospital

Try going to a hospital in a foreign country...  I got really low in
Singapore and told my boss (there) "something I would have been fired for,
if I didn't have a medical condition."  He strongly suggested, after my
blood sugar was at 120, that I go to a hospital to be checked out.  I did
so, "for the sake of my career."  Well, I went to the hospital, they took
blood, my A1c was at 7.2, everything else was fine, and they released me.
While I was there, I insisted on doing my own blood tests and shots (pre
pump & before being regimented on blood tests).  They thought this was an
American thing, which I suppose it is.

Things I learned from this:
1.  Hospitals are cheaper that hotels in Singapore ($125/night vs.
$175/night).
2.  Get the machine up before going to the hospital.  It gets you major
brownie points on your review.
3.  Singaporean hospitals are filled with nice, competent, people.  I was
worried about that.
4.  I didn't learn what I said to the boss.  I'm still dying to know...

Jeff