[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #88

> From: Andrea Seitz <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Glycohemoglobin Level
> What level should my Glycohemoglobin results be within? How is
> everyone else deciding what is right for them?
> Andrea, Pumping 3 Weeks

To me, as with most aspects of diabetes care, it's always a matter of balancing day-to-day
quality of life with long-term quality of life.  I'm not willing to spend my days fighting
lows just in order to get "the magic number".  I'm also not willing to live a wild,
uncontrolled life now that will sacrifice my  later health and happiness.  My impression is
that it all falls along a continuum and is influenced by many personal factors.  An A1C 1%
above the normal range is probably better for your body over the long haul than one 20% over.
But one 20% over is likely to bring more relaxation and freedom from lows, and I count
happiness and comfort as important as the other aspects of health.

How's that for not answering the question?  ;-)