[IP] re: weird bgs

Hi Natalie
Don't forget *protein* is also converted into glucsoe (about 50
percent I think), and it's a even slower rise than fat.

There was probably quite a lot of protein in that - I know tofu has a
fair bit. Add that to some fat and it's guranteed to make my BG go up
and stay there. Tofu definitely makes my Bg stay high.
I can't eat protein late at night because it adds to my dawn effect -
kicks in about 4am at just the same time as the dawn effect.

For me Humalog is definitely gone in 4 hours - that's about hestandard
time for it to tail off, though of course YMMV,
<Natalie wrote:>

Yesterday, I ate some inari-zushi, which is made from fried tof
u and
vinegared (and sugared) rice. I estimated the carbs and bolused

At 2 hours PP, I was 102, and I thought I was doing fine, but F
OUR hours
PP, I was 191.  Weird!! I took a correction bolus, and it broug
ht it
down, but I was REALLY surprised that my BG had gone up so late

Inari-zushi has SOME fat in it, but not all THAT much, and I re
don't know what would explain the delayed rise.

If indeed, it was caused by fat, does that mean that Humalog is
much gone for me in 4 hours? That's what I think,