[IP] Insulin Pumps and Magnets

 My podiatrist is experimenting with magnets for neuropathy.  It seems
 harmless enough but in a catalog called the Sharper Image where magnetic
products are sold, I read the following:"These products should never be used
by individuals using pacemakers , insulin pumps or transdermal drug delivery
patches." Does anyone care to comment?  I know about MRIs being> harmful to
the pump, but magnets in over the counter products?  The magnets in the
catalog may be more powerful than the ones used in shoes.  What is the
problem if any?
 Denise Guerin
Type1 45 years