[IP] aspirin and eyes

Marilyn wrote:

> I have been told that a person who has kidney damage or proliferative
> retinopathy should not take aspirin because it thins the blood which
> effects  the small blood vessels.
> is this just another one of those outdated pieces of information
> that has been proven wrong?

my PREVIOUS eye doctor (aka as the Witch Doctor) is apparently a respected
expert in the field (though not by ME and despite her lack of bedside
manner).  I asked her about this (before I fired her) and she said it was NOT
true...That the risks in taking AN aspirin , or even 1/2, which is what a lot
of people do for heart reasons, are far outweighed by the benefits.  She did
not suggest you use aspirin for arthritis or other things where you might be
taking a lot...

I still have not been able to bring myself to take aspirin again though...for
5 years I had been told to avoid aspirin cuz it thinned your blood and made
you more susceptible to bleeds...and what sucks more is that the REALLY good
pain killers - those non steroidal anti inflammatories like Orudis...are BAD
for the kidneys - wahhhhh!