Re: [IP] helping an infusion set stay in place

>Help!  My son just started pumping two weeks ago and we love it!  I'm
>having a little trouble making his tape on his tender stay in place.  I
>have used skin prep but that makes it really hard to start the needle.
>This last time I used it and I didn't put it on as thick, the needle
>went in really smooth but the next day I had to tape around the set
>because it was starting to come off.

Do you think it is coming loose because he is sweaty?  Several people have
reported that they use an anti-perspirant under the site.  You need to be
careful to apply it in a ring, where the tape will go, and leave an area in
the middle clear of anti-perspirant to insert through.  You could also try
applying the skin-prep in a similar ring.
Good Luck!

Mary Jean