[IP] Glycohemoglobin Level

What level should my Glycohemoglobin results be within? In Joslin's "Out
Smarting Diabetes", it says 20% above the lab's upper limit for normal as
long as it can be reached safely. John Walsh's newest material (1998) says
to keep it at no higher than 1% above the lab's upper limit for normal. Are
there any studies newer than DCCT that would help me determine my
individual risk factors and weigh out the best level for myself? How is
everyone else deciding what is right for them?

Andrea, Pumping 3 Weeks