[IP] Velosulin Pumpers, I need your help

Ted Q wrote:

> Too bad she has an idiot for an endo. I'd tell her to tell him that
> Humalog fits the needs of pumps and pumpers precisely. The FDA
> approval is NOT needed, as with ANY drug they have approved for use
> by humans.

well, while I agree with you ted that doctors, in general, are idiots (no
insult intended to IP member medical professionals - you have already proven
your intelligence by joining this list!!), I think this may be a little harsh
and needs another side of the coin to be addressed...

My doctor is NOT an idiot - high praise indeed coming from me, queen of
criticizers, and he does NOT recommend H in the pump.  His concern is for the
RAPIDITY WITH WHICH YOU CAN GET INTO SERIOUS TROUBLE if you have a no
delivery, if you have some sort of bad site, clogged tubing, out of insulin.
Remember you do not get that NO DELIVERY for being out of insulin for 2 or 3
entire UNITS.  For me, that is more than 4 hours of basal during the day, and
almost 6 hours at night...with NO insulin and since the tail of Humalog is so
short...once you are out, you are S.O.L. (s**t outta luck), hello DKA.

So maybe most doctors "SAY" H is not for pump users when really what they
mean is that they don't want a 4 am call from the hospital when you get
admitted in DKA cuz you were stupid and didnt make sur eyou had enough
insulin in your pump before you went to bed.

99.9 percent of ALL pump problems are not pump related.  They are user errors
and miscalculations.  The pump is not a miracle machine, as much as we would
like to attribute it as such...

Sara...who likes her Velosulin just fine.

I suppose he absolutely refuses to use aspirin to avoid heart problems? Some
doctors
amaze me in their stupidity. The FDA has only so many people to oversee the
testing,
and Eli Lilly apparently doesn't see the need to waste the time and money on
it
since

Ted Quick <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP]