Re: [IP] Re: Hearing Loss

Sam,
The early pumps did -- they were rechargeable 9 volts (2 at a time).  It was a
hellous nightmare!  The watch batteries were the best change since sliced
bread!  Every time the power would go out or some dumb thing would happen (even
a 10 minute spell), you would end up the next day with a beeping pump.
Traveling was a nightmare since you couldn't be away from that wall plug for too
long.  I could go on an on but I won't.  They were heavy too -- not good for
some of us small teenagers.  Perhaps technology has advanced enough in the
ensuing years for logistically easy rechargeable watch batteries, but unless it
is really there, I guess I am lazy enough to happily through mine away when they
run out!

Ruth