Re: [IP] Re: Hearing Loss

In a message dated 4/19/99 10:59:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I have been in meetings and all
 of a sudden I started beeping.  It can be rather embarrassing when everyone
 looks at you like "you should have turned that damned beeper off before
 coming here".  Then to make it look worse, you have to fiddle with the thing
 to turn it off.  If it vibrated I could take care of things without drawing
 attention to myself. >>

Same thing happened to me ...only during class.  My instructor stopped
lecturing and started lecturing on "Turn off all pagers and Phones"  I felt
like crawling under my desk I was so embarrassed....After class, I explained
to him that it was not a pager, but it was an insulin pump.  He asked
me..."Well...can't you shut it off before
coming to class???"...Then I proceeded to educate him on what a pump was...It
took a while but I THINK he got it.....