Re: [[IP] Velosulin Pumpers, I need your help]

email @ redacted wrote:

I am on a pump but I use humalog.  I have a good friend that started pumping
a few months ago and she is using velosulin.  Her endo refuses to give her
humalog because it isn't FDA approved for pump use.  She can't change endo's
because of her HMO.  She has been asking me if I knew anyone who has great bg
control while using velosulin in the pump.  If you could please write me with
how it is working for you then I will pass it on to her (maybe she could even
e-mail you with a question or two).  She says her bg is consistently under
200 and is within normal limits when she is fasting.  She doesn't have luck
with her bg after she eats a meal.

Thank you for any help you could pass along.

hemoglobin A1C was 5.6 and pre pump, they were about 12 and up.I have been on
the pump(MM 507)since 5/97. I started using Humulog, but also had to switch
because of insurance policy. I think this is even more remarkable because I
have severe gastropareses and no longer use the square wave feature as I did
on humulog.My 2 hr BS are almost always lower than before meal BS.Even when
I"ve been sick or had infections I maintained good control. I don't think she
will have any problems switching, maybe a few adjustments at the most.Hope I
have been of some help.
Dxd 1971
Pmpg 5/97