Does anybody suffer from any complications? I have had diabetes for 26 years and have gotten my share of them.  It started with my eyes were I have had surgery in each eye along with close to 6000 laser treatments in both eyes.  Next came kidney damage.  Right now I am holding my own,  protein  and creatine levels have stayed the same or have gotten a little better in the last 4 years.  I also have some nerve damage.  I have had an ulcer on one of my toes. I lso suffer from intestanial nerve damage.  Please respond if you have had more than one ailment.   thanks