Re: [IP] How many days to use an infusion set

> Jenny,

This was a big problem for years with the old needles (pre sof-set and other set
days) and I still have tons of scar tissue from my teenage years although it does
seem to be steadily disappearing.  I've generally found that with the sof sets
and/or silhouettes (basically needles where you remove the metal needle part and
leave the catheater to infuse the insulin) the rubbing or irritation causes long
term damage, not the presence of the needle.  A good 7 day site will be reusable
again soon and again and again whereas a bad 12 hour site that gets really hard
may take months to heal.  The trick of course is not the time frame, but
minimizing the irritation and the reaction to the insulin.

I don't know if that helps any.

Ruth