At 05:34 AM 4/20/1999  Ted Quick wrote:
>MDI has only been used widely since the '70s, Sam, and to a much lesser
>extent, as in 2 shots a day, since the '60s. Hmmm, why did that first frame
>of reference sound familiar??? Oh yeah, the first pumps were sold sometime
>like 1978.

I guess I was thinking of traditional insulin therapy via injection, with
MDI being just a variation of that. I have no idea when long-acting
insulins (NPH, L and U) first came on the scene and when doctors first
started having patients use a combination of both long-acting & regular. I
still hear of doctors that have diabetics on just one shot of long-acting
for the whole day.