Re: [IP] IVPrep

In a message dated 04/20/1999 11:19:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Is anyone allergic to IVPrep?  I think I may be.  I tried using it once.
 site was itchy this morning.  I changed the set and it stopped.  Is there any
 other product that can be used to cleanse the site?  Most soaps break me out
 too. (although I do use them) Something that comes in a package that can be
 carried with me in case of a needed (for lack of another word) emergency
 infusion change.

Is this like a Betadine solution (cleaning) or more like a prep that acts
like a barrier between skin and tape?

My steps are as follows 1) Bathe  2) Betatdine  3) Skin Prep (barrier type)
I always thought that I was allergic to the tape until a plastic surgeon (on
something unrelated) explained that Betadine causes the itching, not the