Re: [IP] Doing insulin doses in the hospital

Nancy Morgan wrote:
>Jenna was recently hospitalized <snip>
>Worked out fine, I just told the nurses what I'd bolused <snip>
>Also checked all her sugars on her own glucometer

Cheers for you for being assertive in this.

I have found that hospitalizations have been a wonderful way to educate
out-of-the-loop medical professionals.  Yes, there are lots of horror
stories, but most people (note that I did not say all) want to learn but just
haven't had a first hand opportunity to.  Especially docs and nurses who
don't normally work with diabetes directly.