Re: [IP] re:real severe diabetics

Diana,

I don't think anything will wake him up.  He has already had Open heart surgery
(valve replacement) and has high blood sugar (He doesn't check that either)  He
just wants to eat that candy bar! I've talked to him about the pump but I don't
think any doctor in their right mind (or left) would put him on it.  He doesn't
like to check his sugar.  Says it makes his fingers sore. Well duh! I would like
to just strangle him.  I keep telling him he has to take care of himself so
if/when I do have kids they will have a granddad.  I realize that taking care of
DM is a pain (Much more now than ever before) but it is something we all have to
do.  Hopefully when I go home in May-June he will see a difference and go talk
to a doctor about getting it under control.  I can still hope and pray.
Donna

Ps.  (Off the subject - Are you in KY?  UK FAN? Go Wildcats!)