Re: [IP] scared to sleep, and living alone

I know that you feel dumb, but we all screw up sometimes... don't beat
yourself up about it... as far as the high bg's it might be the tail end of
the IV that you got... give it today and I bet you'll be fine... just be
careful about the bolus to break a high...

I live alone too and know your fear of sleeping all too well... that's one
of the many reasons for my pump... for this reason, I run a little higher
at night with a reduced basal and fix it in the morning... what I do and I
know I don't need it all the time is this for example... last night when I
went to bed, I tested at 90... for my own comfort level that's way too
low... ate, bolused for the snack 1 point less per gram (bolus during the
day is 1:14 in the morning, 1:15 for other meals and grazing and 1:16 if I
want/need a bedtime snack)... got up this morning at 115... don't have dawn
phenomena but early morning phenomena, I go up around 8am so I go from a
.03 basal which is constant for 24 hours, except for a basal of .07 from
6:30-7:30 am... you can set your pump to fit your fears and lifestyle...

if you want to talk about this, email me off list...

Ellen B-C