[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #82

> My advice would to be to inundate your doctor with pump information (have
> your pump reps help you). If that doesn't work, find a doctor who is not
> afraid of new technology.

New technology?  We have to keep reminding ourselves, along with the insurance
companies and docs and the general public, that pumps are *not* particularly new.
Pump therapy is now one of several *standard* treatment options for diabetes.  I
think we have people on this list who have been pumping for almost 2 decades.  We
have to continue to get this message out there, especially since the insurance
companies seem to use that excuse to avoid paying for pumps and pump supplies.