Re: [IP] question

In a message dated 4/19/99 5:22:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Also, she says in makes life more
 complicated not easier.  >>
Actually Elisabeth, it may be a bit more complicated, depending upon the
insulin regime you are currenlty on.  BUT there are so many benefits that you
quickly forget about the extra work.

It is a whole lot easier and quicker drawing up insulin and giving a shot
than preparing and inserting an infusion set.  With a shot, you give it and
you know the insulin went in and don;t have to think about it until it is
time for your next shot.  With a pump, the insulin will most likely get to
you, but there can be a problem with the infusion set or the pump itself.
You have to test test test test.  At least at first and whenever you want to
make a change or experiment.

But, the amount of control and flexibility that it gives you is wonderful.
It allows you tmore freedom than any regime depending upon shots.  It allows
you to keep you bgs constant much easier than shots.

I've been on a Minimed for over 11 years.  It was the best thing to happen in
my diabetic life.

Keep up with the great work on your bgs and show your doc how well you are
handling your diabetes.  Then, explain to her how much better you could do if
you were on the pump.  Unfortunately, some times we have to prove how
responsible we can be before anyone gives us responsibility.  (this is true
whether you are 15 or 55).  You're off to a wonderful start.