[IP] Doing insulin doses in the hospital

Jenna was recently hospitalized (briefly, fortunately), and I told her
doctor that I couldn't tell him how to write orders for the pump, just write
that I could give her whatever doses I thought necessary.  He wasn't too
pleased at first, but since he didn't know what else to do, that's exactly
what he wrote.  Worked out fine, I just told the nurses what I'd bolused so
that they had something to write down to make it look official.  Also
checked all her sugars on her own glucometer, told the nurses what they
were, and they wrote them down on her MAR (the medical record thingee).
Assertiveness paid off....

Nancy Morgan