Re: [IP] question

At 03:19 PM 4/19/1999 PDT, you wrote:
>Hi all.  I don't write on here often but I have a question.  I went
>for my check up today, and my A1c was 8.8 which is good for me.  For
>the past 6 months or so, I have been asking my doctor about the pump
>and she has been somewhat ignoring the idea, saying things such as I
>need better control, when I have brought my A1c down from 12.5 in not
>even a year!  Well today, she said I don't need one right now, but
>that they usually recomend people for the pump when they are about a
>junior in high school!!  I thought that was some what insane.  I do
>not want to wait another 2 years ( I am currently a freshman ).  What
>do you all think about that?  Also, she says in makes life more
>complicated not easier.  I don't agree.  Any thoughts on this subject
>would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>~Elisabeth Corns

Hi Elisabeth.

What area of the country are you in. also ask your Dr. what Pumping
experiences they have Pt. wise as well as education wise. just mainly sit
down with her and try and explain why you think it would make it easyer..
and if all else fails give me her Number or e-mail address (preferred) and
i bet we have a few CDEs and Dr.s that would be willing to talk with her as
well as a few of us which were started on the pump at a younger age (16
yrs), there are also kids as young as 3-5 on the pump.

if their is anything I / we can do please let me know.

Dx'd 92 pumping since 94
21 yrs old now

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438