Re: [IP] Social progress - PHOOEY

In a message dated 4/18/99 8:04:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< whereas over 180,000
 died from diabetes and the complicati0ns thereof >>

I'll get on my soap box a second.  The thing that bothers me the most about
our military action in Kosovo is how quickly we (the US) came up with the
bucks to keep dropping those bombs and flying those planes, yet when we ask
for an increase in $$ to help save thousands (hundreds of thousands) of lives
worldwide by funding research to find a cure, we get told there's no money to
be found...

Please don't lecture me on why we should or should not be fighting (or
supporting our troops), that is not the point I'm trying to make.  I'm trying
to understand why there's no money for research.