Re: [IP] Re: what to do with the bleeding finger

In a message dated 04/18/1999 9:58:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I would rather bandaid it and not worry about smearing my blood on people
 things  >>

How true!  It's amazing the things in my home and office that I find blood
on.  When I'm at work or home, sometimes I don't really pay attention to see
if the bleeding has stopped.  I'm sure it would be different if I were
dealing with the public.

I have heard that alcohol thicken or toughens the skin.  Is this truth or
fallacy?  When my hands aren't clean, I will use one of these before testing
making sure the hand is dry before pricking.  Thoughts on this?